Ok, so I have to admit it … I have some brands that I stock that are my faves.
There are lots of ways to win my heart …
- Be a brand that my gorgeous customers adore to wear
- Be a brand that I personally adore to wear (although yes, the first point is much more important!)
- Be a brand that I love working with because their team is so accommodating and fun to deal with
- Be a brand that offers something different in styles and pizzazz for us long-footed women
- Be a brand that is organised with stock being delivered when expected and with high standards of quality
- Be a brand that uses great boxes (seriously, I care a lot about this as it makes my life so much easier when unpacking and stacking shoes out the back)
- Be a brand that provides professional images and information about their shoes, again making my life easier when I use all this for my website or social media like Facebook or Instagram
- And, finally, be a brand that cares.
Take the amazing J.Renee brand from the US, for example. They qualify on every one of these criteria and just recently on the last one, too.
This effectively doubles the support that we can give to some hard-working women in Malawi, so that they can focus on starting or growing their own businesses. The training they receive, along with a small loan, can quite simply change their lives.
And the life of their families, too.
As of the end of January, I have helped to raise $24,243.50 of which more than $17,000 has come from what I have donated, anywhere from 25c to $5, whenever I sell a pair of shoes in-store or online.
So a huge shout-out to J.Renee for being so fabulous and to being another business that cares.
I think in the future I would like to make this point as valuable, if not moreso, than many of the others. After all, I like working with like-minded people.
Until next time
Carol & CCx