Over the years, I’ve had a lot of laughs.
Like the time when:
- “These Boots Were Made for Walking” started playing on my iPod just as a lovely customer was trying on boots and we both noticed at the same time. The next song was “Hey Big Spender”
- I was asked if I could stop using pretty carry bags and have boxes instead … so purchases could be disguised as something from Bunnings!
- A customer was in the shop for nearly an hour before walking to the desk to pay for her purchases and exclaiming: “OMG, it’s a dog.” CC had slept through her whole visit.
- A customer kept a straight face as she explained to me that her car had an in-built device to take her to The Shoe Garden all by itself! “What can I do now but shop?” she reasoned.
- I noticed I had written a sign for some shoes that said they were not for sale, instead of not on sale. Not the best business strategy ever!
- A customer helped me save a bird that had been hit by a car in front of the shop and then it escaped from a box and flew around the shop and pooped on the mirror as we tried to catch it.
- When around 25 huge cartons of shoes arrived simultaneously from three different brands and I could only fit out the back if I was moving sideways and holding my breath! This laughter bordered on hysterical I have to confess.
But the best laughter of all is when customers are delighted with their new shoes and can’t stop smiling.
Until next time
Carol & CCx