As the sun shimmered on the Brisbane river, and the brilliant blue sky was bereft of even a tuft of cloud, I was viewing hundreds and hundreds of shoes and boots for Winter 2020.
A few of the suppliers from interstate and New Zealand probably aren’t wondering anymore why fur-lined boots and thick heavy shoes aren’t on the top of my buying list!
So what’s in store for Winter 2020?
First, I reckon the designers have a lot to be proud about. There are some fantastic shoes and boots on their way and, while last winter things got a bit conservative, this coming winter will see the return of some bold colour choices and combinations, as well as some quirky styles. Note: for those who like the classics, I will ALWAYS stock these, too.
Here’s what I noted:
- Animal prints are everywhere, especially clashing them. Think some zebra, with some leopard. And yes, I promise, it works!
- Snake print is also huge.
- Mustard and khaki are the dominant colours.
- What was missing were silver and gold glam shoes; what my customers love for school formals or galas. They were few and far between, which is a bit of a worry as I see them as a staple.
- And heels are very funky next season … different shapes or covered in embellishments; some transform the whole shoe or boot.
I also viewed several new brands and am super excited to showcase these to my gorgeous customers.
All in all, the designers have offered amazing options for next year. I love them for that … although I might hate them a teeny bit when I try and make the final selection from such a great range!
Until next time
Carol & CCx